Click here for merchandising baby!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

3-2-1 Chapter Review


...and a good lipsmacking New Year to you all!

New Year's Eve is my favourite day of the year - time for contemplating, letting go, holding on, moving forward - in one word 'growing'. Love it!

This year one of my new endeavours will be to carry out what I'm calling a 3-2-1 Chapter Review on the first chapter of any book I so choose.  The first chapter is what sells a book for me, I'm not saying if it's a bad start I won't finish, but it will certainly set my mood for the remainder of the pages.  The first paragraph or so certainly determines whether I'll purchase a book as I'll often skip the blurb and go straight to reading it whilst in the bookstore. I remember picking up 'Bright Shiny Morning' by James Frey and I had to force myself to go and buy the book BEFORE starting Chapter 2!

The 3-2-1 Chapter Review will consist of 3 good things, 2 bad things and 1 quote or sentence which strikes a chord with my love for the woven word. They will be short as I'd rather they actually be read than skipped because they are longer than busy time schedules allow.

I do hope you enjoy them.

Lets go out of our way to make 2013 a gud un'!

MarvaG

No comments:

Post a Comment