Click here for merchandising baby!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Director Dolly Tarantino



the DIRECTOR DOLLY














NameQuentin Tarantino - QT to friends 
Quirk: Dubbed as 'Director DJ' as he mixes genres 
Born: 1963 
FromKnoxville, TN     Raised: California    Lives: California 
Studied: Acting - did not go to film school but watched bucket loads of films. 
Career Advice: Take the money for film school and use it to make your own movie. 


A Few Fave Movies: 
Rio Bravo - Howard Hawks 
Battle Royale - Kinji Fukasako 
Taxi Driver - Martin Scorsese 
Blow Out - Brian De Palma 

On The Map Movie: 
Reservoir Dogs - Sundance Film Festival, 1992 

And The Rest: 
My Best Friend's Birthday (short) / Pulp Fiction / From Dusk Till Dawn / Jackie Brown / Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 (& 3 in the near future) / Death Proof / Inglourious Basterds / Django Unchained 

Pennies Worth: 
Jackie Brown was actually my first Tarantino movie and it was the twisted plotting that got me hooked. (no surprises there!) Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 are my absolute favourite films. I have finally stopped performing the Five-Point-Palm-Exploding-Heart-Technique on my family and friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kaz. He is one of my favourite writer/directors and I was really surprised to find he hadn't studied film. Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete